I have tried many different types of labels; premade, Popsicle sticks, cut up milk jugs, painted on sticks, rocks and more, but these are the quickest, easiest way to add more letters and words to your garden. They will not last forever, but should do for a year or two! I use contact paper, but if you have a laminator, that would work too. Just remember to leave a big space around the card so that water doesn't leak in.
3x5 note cards
Chop stick / craft stick / any old stick
What to do:
1. Make your card. Cut the contact paper double the size of your card plus space for the wide edges.
2. Make sure to leave 1/2 inch or more all the way around the edges. Seal.
3. Tape the stick to the back
4. Let your kids place the marker near the plant it describes!
5. Read it often! Words are just words unless you interact with them.
Don't have time to make your own? I've saved you some time and created them for you and they are available HERE