We're joining to celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday and NEA's Read Across America Day! Here are some of our favorite's from Dr. Suess that we'll be including in our Little Hands that Cook with Books and Dr. Seuss this week.
The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss are one of the first BIG books that your child will be able to read all by themselves as they become emergent readers. It's a special moment when they realize they've read it ALL by themselves. What a great way to celebrate than with a special Dr. Seuss inspired Snack.
- Dr. Seuss Cupcakes: Make blue frosting and add cracker fish to the top
- One Fish Two Fish Jello: Make Blue jello and add gummy fish to them
- Make your Own Fish Crackers: Make fish crackers and create your own Seuss Inspired story
- The Cat and the Hat Hat : Attach red lifesaver gummies with white frosting to a round cookie or a rice cake with strawberry slices and cucumber slices or pattern bananas and strawberries to create a hat!
- Lorax Trees: Attach cheese to pretzels sticks
There are so many resources for finding ideas for Dr. Seuss activities for your child. I've done searching for you to find some excellent resources for your child. I've included Snack Ideas and Activity Ideas for your little ones. Hope you enjoy and inspire them to become great thinkers and doers!
Dr. Seuss Snack Ideas
- Adorable Dr. Seuess Themed Muffin Tin from Muffin Tin Mom
- Resource of Snack Ideas collected on My Delicious Ambiguity
- Playdate Ideas with Snacks from Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Make your Own Fish Crackers from Growing a Green Family or Food Doodles or Miss Anthropist's Kitchen
- One Fish Two Fish Jello from Simple Girl
- Dr. Seuss Bento Lunch Box from Bent On Better Lunches
- The Cat in that Hat Snack from Strong Start
Dr. Seuss Virtual Book Club for Kids
Dr. Seuss Activities and Resources
- 10 Ways to Explore Dr. Seuss
- Printable Activities from an amazing site What the Teacher Wants
- The Lorax Activities from 2 Teaching Mommies
- Seussical Learning Pack Living Life Intentionally
- Dr. Seuss Activities from Squish Preschool
- One Fish Two Fish Graphing from Oopsy Daisy
- Dr. Seuss Lesson Plans and Activities from Mrs. Wills
- Ultimate Dr. Seuss Link Party hosted by several amazing sites
- Read Across America Pledge
- The Lorax Project
- Print your Certificate of Participation in Read Across America HERE!
Dr. Seuss Red Picture Frame Idea
We had so much fun with each of our children creating a Dr. Suess Moment with the red frame. I encourage you to do this at home or school too. The best part is you can use the frame for other holidays too including Valentine's Day, Christmas, Fourth of July or Back to School. For more Dr. Seuss Activities visit the Dr. Seuss Virtual Book Club for Kids
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to amazon
“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
- Dr. Seuss