Easter is just around the corner. Here are some fun Hands On Activities, Crafts, Books and Sign Language for your Baby or Toddler to enjoy for Easter! Don't wait bring out the eggs and bunnies now for hours of fun!
- Eggs Exploration- Let them explore the eggs, make sure to tape them them closed if you have very young ones. My daughter is 15 Months Old so she like to open the eggs and discover things inside. We put a scarf in this egg and finger puppets in another. The larger eggs are easier to put things into. Here's my daughter at 4 months having a little egg fun. I can't believe how quickly they grow.
- Egg Hunt- Set the eggs around the room and have your child search for them
- Fill the Basket-Empty the Basket- They LOVE filling a basket or bucket with eggs and carrying it around and then dumping it out, hours of fun and teaches them how to clean up
- Spring Puppets and Finger Puppets- Encourage them to begin to play imaginary play, make sure you are modeling how it's done, they need to learn from someone.
- Bunny Fun-Start playing make believe with your little ones, grab a item to represent a carrot and feed the bunny together. Let the bunny hop around the room too. They love it.
- Sorting Spring Animals- We discovered that we have different kinds of chicks and bunnies and created piles with them with big sister.
- Cookie Cutter Playtime- Using cookie cutters to explore the shapes of spring, we use a metal bowl to keep them in for extra sound fun too.
- Egg Sounds- Put rice or beads inside of eggs and seal closed, makes great shakers for music time
- Make Felt Eggs- Using felt eggs let them explore the shapes big, small & different colors. This was a great activity to get siblings playing together too.
- Make a Bird Nest -Using the leftover scrapes from your felt eggs you can create a next and give your child a basket to create the nest in and a container to store the nest time.
Here's a great chance to learn some new signs with your baby. I found a few that relate to Spring, hope you enjoy exploring spring with your baby!
- Painting Egg Shape with Finger Paint- Just cut out an egg shape and allow your child to use finger paint all over the egg.
- Stamp Painting with Spring Cookie Cutters- Using cookie cutters, dip them into paint and encourage them to stamp onto paper. Here's an example
- Bunny Handprint Card or T-Shirt- You can create a little bunny by painting their palm and two fingers for a T-shirt or a card. Here's an example
- Tot School Easter Crafts for older toddlers
Ideas for Baskets for Babies and Toddlers
Easter Photo Ideas
Using Flowers and Props for Photo Fun
Read Board Books About Easter & Spring & Spring Animals
Here are some of our favorites at our house that we've collected through the years with kids. We always give a book in our Easter baskets. It's a way we remember year after year our Easter baskets.
~ I helped you with your shopping and linked to Amazon for you ~
Happy Easter from The Educators' Spin On It