Grab some blueberries, green grapes and let’s create the water and land with an Earth Day Snack! This recipe is fun since you can make an individual Earth for each child or you can make one large Earth!
We started out by reading about Earth Day from some of our favorite characters. Through the eyes of a child when one of their favorite characters talks about something it can make an even bigger impact. We found Sid the Science Kid, Biscuit, Fancy Nancy, Mickey & Minnie along with many others all had stories about Earth Day.
Book List for Earth Day(Affiliate links included with titles)
Now it's time for a special Earth Day Picnic. We're packing a very special treat to share with our friends! They get to make their very own Earth! Here’s a simple recipe that you and your child can create together at home, in a classroom or on a picnic!
- I cup blueberries cut in half
- I cup green grapes cut in fourths
- I package cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tb sugar
- Package of rice cakes (or one large cookie base)
- Cut the grapes and blueberries, if desired.
- Then mix the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto the rice cake.
- Create the earth by placing the blueberries for the water and the grapes for the land.
* We used apple cinnamon rice cakes to make the Earth treat a little sweeter but you could always do a simple rice cake.
Have fun at your Earth Day Picnic! Here are 10 Ways to Green Your Picnic.
Little Hands that Cook with Books Bonus Lesson
How do you teach your child about the Earth in the Kitchen? Let's help our children to learn how simple choices today in the kitchen can help to change their future and help our Earth. Here's a free printable about how to Make your Kitchen Eco Friendly with your children.
Additional Earth Day Activities
- 100 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
- Party for the Planet Activity Ideas
- Eco Friendly Personalized Blocks
- Earth Day Chalk Fun
- Top 10 Reason I Love Watching My Kids Learn about the Earth