We have Open House this week at my daughter's school. I'll confess as a teacher it was one of those times that made me nervous but excited all at the same time. There's so much information you want to share at one time with parents. I think it's because as a teacher you're not quite sure you'll have them again in the classroom. As a parent it's one of my favorite events to attend. You have the chance to go and really get to know you child's teacher a little bit and also see how they've set up their learning environment in their classroom. So here my take on the ABC's of Open House Night!
- Ask questions!
- Be familiar with your child's grade level Curriculum before you arrive.
- Take special note of the Discipline, Folders, Grading, Homework Policies.
- Pay attention to your child's schedule.
- Remember the Names of who Your child is making friends with
- Offer to Volunteer at schooL or even at home.
- Bring paper and pen to write things down
|Tips on Getting Ready for School|
We're so excited to see everyone who's linked up so far about their First Week of School. Many start back this week so we're keeping the link open until September 9. Plus we're excited about teaming up with rest of our After School Team again from last school year! We hope you'll join us every Sunday as we share about our week After School with our children! Come back next Sunday to see some fun Water Activities we have planned for After School and Grandparents Day Crafts. Here's what we made last year Grandparents Day Craft and Card if you're looking for a last minute idea.
Thank you so much for participating! Have a great week!