Across the nation many of our children are home from school in honor of him on the third Monday in January. Are you doing any activities with your child that reflect his life and his message?
I realized that I needed to find some last minute ideas for my own daughter so I thought I'd share with you what I found. Just type in the words Martin Luther King Jr. on Pinterest or online and you will see a reflection on how much one man can change the world. In schools all over teachers are talking to children about him and the importance of peace, equality and standing up for what's right. Each age level will do it in different ways and at varying levels of content.
We've shared some of our favorite selections of activities on our Winter Pinterest Board. Here are our TOP Picks for Activities do to with Preschoolers and Elementary Aged Children to learn about Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tour of Martin Luther Kind's Home
- Rise Up by Jack Hartmann from his Jack Hartmann & Hop 2 It Music
- For more Martin Luther King Jr Songs
- I Have a Dream Earth Mural from MRs. T's First Grade
- Martin Luther King Jr Activities from Twiggle Magazine
- Martin Luther King Jr Birthday Card from First Grade with Miss Snowden
- Martin Luther King Jr Activities for Preschool Centers from Preschool Plan It
- Handprint Craft from The Seeds Network
- MLK Paintings from Chalk Talk
- Free MLK Unit from Chalk Talk
- Egg Activity from Life is Sweet in Kindergarten
- Martin Luther King Unit on Enchanted Learning
- Printable I Can Dream Like Dr. King from Room 36
- Printable I Have a Dream Writing Paper from Teaching First
- Martin Luther King Jr. Timeline for Kids from Fun in K/1
If you find this video called Our Friend Martin it's one of my student's favorite for many years. Here's the Link on YOUTUBE... the WHOLE video
Books for Children About Martin Luther King Jr.
We'd love you to share what ways you're Observing Martin Luther King Jr. with your Child.