We're focusing on one special book called The Lorax by Dr. Seuss with our children. We've been working on Acts of Kindness and I think this book ties right into those same goals.
This post contains affiliate links
This post contains affiliate links
Make your own Handprint Truffula Tree Forest
1. Start by using Water Colord to create the Sky and Ground
2. Handprint Truffla Tree by using yellow and black paint to create the stems of your trees with your finger only, no paint on the palm or thumb.
3. Add the tops using DIY Stamps by attaching a foam sticker to a recycled lid. Just simply cut out the desired shape first then dip in paint and stamp.
5. Then attach your Lorax and words to your dry paper full of truffula trees.
We had so much fun making our own Truffula Trees and the Lorax. We decided to print out the quotes from the book too to remind us of the important of making a difference. We typed out "I am the Lorax. I speak for the Trees." and "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better, it's not." by Dr. Seuss. We talked about ways that we can care for our trees.
Are you ready! We're sharing different ways to explore The Lorax with Kids Crafts and Activities! We've used our teacher and mama eyes to find you the best printables, learning activities, playtime fun, snacks, party Ideas, crafts and videos.
30+ Lorax Crafts and Activities
- Lorax Color Books and Counting Book from 2 Teaching Mommies
- Lorax Printable Preschool Unit from 2 Teaching Mamas
- Lorax Printable Book from Kindergarten
- Learn how to Draw the Lorax from Activity Village
- Lorax Writing Prompt and Craft from The Teaching Bug
- Lorax Earth Day Writing Prompt and Craft from Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations
- Truffla Math Trees
- Roll a Lorax Dice Game from Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Lorax Themed Sensory Bin from In Lieu of Preschool
- Lorax Peg Doll from Crossing the Bugger Dixin Line
- Lorax Cape Costume from Babble
- Life Size Lorax Fun from Having Fun at Chelle's House
- Lorax Cake by Diamonds for Dessert
Lorax Party Ideas
- Lorax Party Ideas from The Party Animal
- Lorax Water Color Pictures
- Handprint Lorax from Meet the Dubiens
- Hanprint Plate Lorax from A Little Delightful
- Truffla Tree Forest from A little Delightful
- Lorax Pots by Little Birdie Secrets
- Lorax Plate Craft from A Little Delightful
- Lorax Trees from Inner Child Fun
- Lorax Necklace from Babble
- Videos Clips and Songs from the Lorax
- Videos from Dr. Seuss Website
- Learn how to Draw the Lorax Video from Universal Studios
We'll leave you with a little video clip of Let It Grow with scenes from the movie The Lorax. Look for for ideas for planting with kids coming this spring!
Virtual Book Club for Kids Hosts
Toddler Approved - Rainy Day Mum - The Educators' Spin On It - Adventures in Reading with Kids - 3 Dinosaurs - Royal Baloo - Inspiration Laboratories - Pleasantest Thing - Edventures with Kids - Two Big Two Little - Playing With Words 365 - Kitchen Counter Chronicles -Outlaw Mom - Mommy and Me Book Club - Crafty Moms Share - No Twiddle Twaddle - The Good Long Road - Ready. Set. Read 2 Me -Reading Confetti - Mama Smiles - Juggling with Kids- Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas - Creekside Learning - Creative Family Fun - The Usual Mayhem - Teach Preschool - PlayDrMom - CraftoArt - Here Come the Girls - Being a Conscious Parent - Smiling like Sunshine - Crayon Freckles - Train Up a Child - Smile Play Learn - Enchanted Homeschooling Mom - Coffee Cups and Crayons - Having Fun at Chelle's House- Love, Play, Learn - Juggling With Kids - This Reading Mama
Link up your Own
For more Dr. Seuss Ideas visit 10 Ways to Explore Dr. Seuss
We invite you to "Like" our Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook page and follow our Virtual Book Club for Kids Pinterest Board.
Here are a few of my favorite things to bring the magic of Dr. Seuss into your home!